Your Ad Here

Fawad Khan gets ready for Bollywood debut


Pakistani actor Fawad Khan may only be one film old, but the success of his maiden venture Khuda Kay Liye both at home and abroad has opened up many avenues for the young debutant including Bollywood.

You have seen him as Sarmad, the young musician turned radical in Khuda Kay Liye and now news has it that this Pakistani actor is soon set to make his Bollywood debut in Vivek Agnihotri's Freedomfor Anil Ambani's, Reliance Big Entertainment.

"It was a very exciting and thrilling part of Khuda Kay Liye and the issues that it addressed to, they were very appropriate for the time. And that's what made the film even bigger than what is or could have been. I think it's been an honour, especially to have represented Pakistan on an international scale. It's been an over whelming response," says Fawad.

"Things have been good. Yes, I have received offers but nothing as such is penned down yet. I definitely appreciate that my fans are waiting for me to appear in a venture across the border as well, but nothing is as finalised yet. And I think it would be more adequate to comment about it when something does materialise and comes down into a finalised form," he adds.

With Fawad not wanting to divulge any more details about his offers from across the border, we thought it was time to quiz him about some of his Bollywood favourites including the actresses he'd like to work with.

"Again the actresses are all very pretty, very beautiful and amazing performers. And if by any chance, I ever get to step into the industry, I definitely would not want to put one off from the other. So they are all very good in their own places. But yes I'd like to mark down a few that I've really enjoyed watching. I think there's Smita Patel, there's Shabana Azmi. And from the modern performers, I think anyone and everyone is a favourite Aishwariya Rai, Bipasha Basu, the list just keeps going on and on," exclaimed Fawad.

As for Bollywood music, he finds Vishal Bhardwaj as a favourite. "I believe he's a song writer whose done music for quite a few films recently. He's also directed one of my favourite films Omkara. His song from the same film O saathi re would be one of my favourite songs," he added.

On that note we asked this Vishal Bhardwaj fan, who was once lead singer of the now disbanded music group Entity Paradigm if he would consider returning to a career in music in the future.

"I'm in love with performing arts. When it comes to music, it's is a passion that I've always had and I would like to continue that in the future. But for right now I'd like to focus on something that is in front of you. Yes in the future, we can both expect something to come up and I would love for my fans to gobble that up as well but for now let's just see how the film ground goes," said the multi-talented actor.

2 comments
  1. Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 5:31 PM  

    hahah..fawad.bipasha..lol...lub u bhai!<3

  2. rafi November 13, 2009 at 4:02 AM  

    U are so hand some fawad i wish my husband will just like u. I LOVE U SOOOOOOOO MUCH