Your Ad Here

Shafqat launches new album 'Tabeer' in India

NEW DELHI: Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali, who chose the capital for the release of his debut solo album, says he is overwhelmed with the appreciation he receives from Indian audiences.

Ali, who is the voice behind chartbusters like 'Mitwa' in Karan Johar's 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna' and 'Yeh Honsla' in Nagesh Kukoonor's 'Dor', selected New Delhi to release his album 'Tabeer' which he had composed himself. "I was not expecting such a great response from the audience here.

I am really thankful to them for the kind of love and affection they showed towards me," the former lead vocalist of popular Pakistani music band 'Fuzon' told PTI after a recital in the capital recently.

About his India experience, Shafqat says, "I do not feel that I am in another country. It is like I have shifted to a new town. Everything is so similar between India and Pakistan." Ali is the son of legendary Pakistani singer Ustad Amanat Ali Khan and belongs to the seven-generation old 'Patiala Gharana.'

"In Tabeer, which literally means realization of a dream, I experimented with the contemporary way of music, a mix of earthy and traditional tones, to give music lovers something fresh," he says. Shafqat rubbished the notion that Indian singers are afraid of crossing the border.

PTI

0 comments