Your Ad Here

'I couldn't believe a truck driver was listening to 'Aisi Taisi'!' - ET of Azal



"I couldn't believe a truck driver was listening to 'Aisi Taisi'!"

– Ehtesham Khan of Azal is elated


Azal's Road to Infinity has seen a warm welcome in local music markets. But their most famous hit still remains the fantastic 'Aisi Taisi'. Recently Ehtesham Khan aka ET of Azal revealed an incident that has made him and his band ecstatic.

"I was going somewhere and I met this guy. He was a truck driver. He looked at me and he said, 'Aap ko kahin dekha hai (I've seen you somewhere)' and then he remembered and said, "TV per dekha hai (I've seen you on TV). Aap Ka gana 'Aisi Taisi' mein apnay truck mein sunta hoon (I listen to your song in my truck).' I was blown away. I couldn't believe a truck driver was listening to 'Aisi Taisi'. This is exactly the kind of response, the impact we always hoped to make. But to hear it from a truck driver who can relate to a rock song like 'Aisi Taisi'... it feels great," exclaimed ET.

But we're really not surprised why 'Aisi Taisi' is penetrating its way through the masses. The tune is so pertinent to our chaotic times that the feeling behind it can be understood by everyone, not just the rock-friendly urban kids but the masses.

Not many music acts in Pakistan have the courage to speak to the awam through their music. And Azal did just that with their debut single. After all, pop(ular) music should have the truck drivers' stamp of approval, shouldn't it?

0 comments